21 Jun 2011

Viking Settlement

Using Photoshop over a few nights the basic 3d model took on some real atmosphere and texture. There is a misty depth of field which I think works - as well as frosty outer edges and the muddy tracks and puddles. The shallow water is working quite well although I'm not sure about water surface. I've based the houses on some research I did and I'm hoping it captures the mood of a dark ages settlement ok.    click pic to enlarge. 


( below ) This is the 3d base model for the matte painting / environment project. The viking ship was made much earlier and the houses / trees are very simple speed modelling to give me a solid base for my subsequent overpainting. The only texture painted was the ground itself which gives me a great starting point  - especially within the shadow areas of the houses.

No comments: