5 Jan 2011

The Rotoscope

Anyone in digital graphics will probably have done some rotoscoping at some point. I have handpainted tens of thousands of frames over the years I expect. These days its a bit easier with rotosplines and  software like Mocha semi automating the process. But I found out on Wikipedia before the digital era there was actually a contraption called the Rotoscope which was used for tracing film frames.

1 comment:

Adam Smith said...

I have done a bit and found it to require some serious patience. However it's the pioneers that tend to suffer for their art. 

Interesting article.